Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Promise of Enough

          Abundance is to have enough and some to spare

     Imagine a car running on gas, a water pale that feeds the garden.  Now, imagine not having enough gas to get to work, and the annoyance we go through when we realize its our fault we didn't fill up.  The water ran out just before the garden was given what it needed.  When its time to harvest it just wasn't enough.  The book "The Promise of Enough"gives seven principals of abundance.  It taught me how to live the abundant life. I am so excited to put it into play in my life.  I can feel it working already. :) 

ABUNDANCE IS...
Turning our will over to God 
and allowing Him to do wonders
in our life

    ABUNDANCE IS...
Recognizing our full potential
as we give ourselves to the Lord

ABUNDANCE IS...
Unmeasured blessings that come as a result
of sacrifice and service

ABUNDANCE IS...
Blessings predicated on 
obedience and belief

ABUNDANCE IS...
Knowing that we cannot begin to understand
what great blessings the Father has prepared for us,
and learning to remember and express gratitude 
for those blessings

ABUNDANCE IS...
Finding contentment because
we remember to see the good things

ABUNDANCE IS...
Understanding that the Savior loves us, 
and is aware of our circumstances
and that he will send blessings
above all that we could ask for or imagine

       when I think of service I think of giving money, giving time, giving effort.  However, the book touched on two little words. BE THERE.  When I am at work I often catch myself helping my residents but my mind is somewhere else.  Or when a friend comes to me with a story, TEXTING is a big way of saying I AM NOT FULLY HERE.  I am going to fix that for myself.  
   
      "We are part of a covenant people, a community of saints who encourage, sustain, and minister to one another.  I believe that a covenant person is one who knows how to bear another's burden, to give comfort to those who stand in need, and who is willing to mourn until the joy returns."
      -I want to be that covenant person.... who was THERE to help.

Once I am working on these seven principals  I will feel the Love of Christ and Heavenly Father, and I can finally live the ABUNDANT life.    The car will have more than enough gas, and the garden will never go dry.  There will always be more than enough as long as I continue to pray and follow His will with gratitude, be content with what I have been given.  Obey and serve with all my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment