Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Grandma's Ceder Chest


I was very little when my Grandmother died. I was 5 maybe 6 years old, there isn't much i remember about her. But, my Grandpa Harmon gave me her ceder chest soon after she died.  I didn't know what it really meant, and how important it would be now.  It has sat in my basement for about 10 years now, and we haven't taken good care of it.  I am ashamed to say that drinks sat on it, hunting gear, and many other unkown items.  I am now wanting to make it look like it did when it was given to me.  Well, i found out i couldn't possibly make it look like it did 10 years ago.  However, I was able to make it look pretty good. From now on I want to take good care of it.  I do hope that one day I will be able to pass it on.  It's quite a cool thing to realize that this isn't mine it belongs to me and my family.  So.... here is the finished product. 




Little Man, this picture is for you... being a MAN! we worked on the crafts and he was getting his hands dirty workin on the four wheeler. I love you little man. 

1 comment: